Friday, April 18, 2008

Reaching Outside of My Little World

Sometimes I am content to sit in my cozy little comfort zone. I don't want anyone to budge me, to get me to try something new. I'm perfectly fine where I'm at. It's cozy! It's safe. It's not scary.

But alas, the time has come to take a step outside of my little world. I have been doing a lot of Stumbling, and have come upon some amazing sites with handmade products! I have a tendency to stick like glue to Etsy. Not that Etsy is a bad thing; in fact, it's a WONDERFUL thing! But a blogging compadre, Beki of Pampering Beki, challenged me to think outside the box, so here goes.

I have found some cool places that I'd love for you to check out. And then, when you go to comment, please kindly inform about any other places where handmade goodies abound. I'd love to see more!

What I've Stumbled Upon:



So there you have it! Ha! I've stepped outside of the box, thought a little differently, did some extra research (yeah, like Stumbling is hard work!), and came up with some great places for you to check out! What do you think? Will you share your favorite places to find handmade goodies? I hope so!

Angie

8 comments:

Bethany said...

Very cool places...all of them! Esp. love the Moose site...yes, I do agree, there are other places that sell wonderful handmade items by talented people :) Thanks for "stumbling" on these! :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

I want that apron!!!!!!

Wow you found some awesome things! And what a surprise to see my own name in the post. haha! Thanks!

The Downtown Boutique said...

Thanks Bethany and Beki, for the comments. Sometimes I get tunnel vision, so it's nice to have friends who get you to look around. :-)

Beki, aren't their aprons JUST GORGEOUS?!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog! I just happened to have stumled upon it and was so surprised to see so many familar names from Etsy. Love PamperingBeki she is so supportive. I have just started blogging and have an Etsy store as well. Please feel free to visit, and thank you for supporting everyone!
Sincerely,
Amy
Pretty Pear Designs.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

Thanks so much for reminding me that there is a world outside of etsy! Love it dearly..but it is fun to look beyond!

Anonymous said...

wonderful blog. i will definately be back when i have a little more time to check out your links.

Melissa Aubrey said...

your blog is so much fun! i just love the aprons, very elegant, yet funky. keep up the awesome work! melissa

The Downtown Boutique said...

Thanks for the wonderful comments! My readers ROCK! :-)

Angie