Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tots on Tuesdays No. 11 -- Featuring Vintage Sweet Peas

Let me start today's post by saying congratulations to Becky, who won the Elephant Print Baby Cuffs from Joey and Aleethea. Thank you to all who commented. Thanks Sandra, for giving away the great cuffs!

Today we are featuring one of The Downtown Boutique's very own sponsors, Lisa of Vintage Sweet Peas. Lisa uses vintage linens and new fabrics to create little girls clothes.

Here's what she has to say:
Well, my work started when my children were little. I have always been a stay at home mom and did drifferent side jobs from time to time. But, I love vintage linens, and started sewing interior designs using linens that clients had been given from loved family members. It all started with one client who's mother had passed away and left her family linens, she wanted to update them, and use them in her home...so out of a channel bedspread we made a beautiful shower curtain, turned some tableclothes into euro sized pillows for her quest room and table napkins where made into pillows for her sofa... we combined all this with new updated fabrics and it all turned out so beautifully! Her words to me were... "now my mom is still with me"...so my business began!



Just gorgeous work, Lisa!
*********************************************************
Now for the fun part!
Lisa is offering up a $20 Gift Certificate from her shop.


All you have to do to enter is this:

Go to Vintage Sweet Peas, take a look around, find what you would spend the $20 on, and come back here and leave a comment about it. Only one comment per person please. Be sure to leave a good, easy way to get ahold of you. Deadline to enter is Monday, May 5 at Midnight PST. This giveaway is open worldwide.
Don't forget to enter to win the Polychrome bracelet giveaway from Tilley Jewels.

5 comments:

windycindy said...

Evening, I really like the "Summer Fun" Tote. Please enter me in your drawing. Many thanks,Cindi
jchoppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

This is my first time to visit your site. Wow! You have some great stuff here.

Terri Fisher said...

I really like the vintage nursery rhyme onesie set. I love books and vintage, so this really caught my attention. If I had a girl, I really like the Dick and Jane set, too! Thanks for a great giveaway and for introducing us to another great Etsy seller!

tfisher83 AT myexcel DOT com

Anonymous said...

I like the Blooming flower tote

dolls123[at]gmail[dot]com

Novita said...

Hi, I would like to participate in the drawing...If I have 20 dollars to spend on Vintage Sweet Peas, but there is nothing really something at that price that I like lol...but I will try to get closer to the budget...I think I will go to the "LITTLE BUNNIES ONSIES SET" at the price USD 22. The price is close enough but the bunnies are priceless....