Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Down's Syndrome and Other Disabilities

Having a son with disabilities, I am always interested to learn of others who are dealing with these issues as well. Unbeknownst to me, I "hearted" an Etsy shop, whose owner has a son with Down's Syndrome. Well, kind of funny, but this seller convoed me and asked me if I would be willing to do a trade, because she loves my banners and feels that they are really "HER".

I didn't have to think twice on this one...I immediately wrote Tami and said "YES!". So, she is giving me these two WONDERFUL signs that she has made, in exchange for some custom work.


Tami is working hard at getting a shop opened in her town, where people with disabilities can come and work. She has written letters to the governor of Indiana, and she has spoken with many people about this project, including the mayor of her town. I hope that you will take the time to read her profile in her Etsy shop and see what I'm talking about.

I would LOVE for my readers to rally around her, and show her some support, by either convoing her with a note of encouragement, or by purchasing something from her shop, Rosehill Cottage.

1 comment:

Alisha said...

Oh...I wish I could help, but my dumb blog only has an audience of 5!